Update: We have received a number of calls regarding the FASmail Authentication Issues. The fixed provided below is working. If you experience this issue, you can follow the procedure below in order to fix the problem.
If you require assistance, please contact the IT Service Centre at 604-822-2008 or http://www.it.ubc.ca/contact/helpdesk for assistance.
If you do not have permissions to access these settings, please contact your local IT support personnel.
On April 18th 2013, some users began reporting issues accessing their Outlook profile. The Outlook client would repeatedly ask for credentials. The team has discovered the cause of the issue and has resolved it.
If you were impacted by this issue, please follow these instructions to regain access to your mailbox:
1) Click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel”.
2) Type in “Mail” in the search field at the top right of the window.
3) Click on the “Mail” icon.
4) Select the “E-mail Accounts…” button -Your computer may prompt you to login at this point. If it does, close the login window and a prompt should appear asking if you would like to “Work Offline”. Select this option to continue
5) Highlight the FASmail account and click the “Change…” button.
6) Click on the “More Settings…” button.
7) Click on the “Connection” tab.
8 ) Click the “Exchange Proxy Settings…” button
9) Ensure that the Proxy authentication settings are set to “NTLM Authentication”.
10) Leave all other settings as is.