From: 06:00 Sunday, April 15, 2012
To: 08:00 Sunday, April 15, 2012
Reason: Scheduled maintenance to upgrade the VANTX1 core
router OS and resolve outstanding OS issues.
Effects: Even though this is an in service upgrade, a number of connections
will be briefly impacted as the cards reload. Impacts will be up to two
service interruptions of up to five minutes each during the maintenance
window for the following.
– All CANARIE and Research Network access through Vancouver including
Seattle, Winnipeg, and Peering Services
– All Vancouver ORAN and Peering Services
– BCIT Burnaby to AeroSpace campus VLANs
– BCIT IEL
– Cancer Research Centre
– Genome Sciences Centre
– Tata Communications
– TRIUMF Internet Transit
– UBC Distributed Medical School Internet Transit and MPAACT connections
– UBC Point Grey to UBC Okanagan campus VLANs
– WestGrid including Logical Router, bridge servers, SFU, and UBC connections
– WTS Vancouver site
Sites with a primary and secondary connection into VANTX will be impacted on only
one of the connections.
Contact: Please contact the BCNET Network Operations
Centre at 604-822-1348 option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org
when network problems are experienced outside of
a maintenance window.
Posted By: BCNET Network Management Centre
604-822-1348 option 3