On Saturday, February 18, 2017 from 07:00 to 09:00 PT, we will be patching server etl.id.ubc for the Linux Vulnerability DirtyCOW and migrating it to ENTS. This maintenance will impact a number of services using OpenLDAP and ELDAP.
During the outage, services using OpenLDAP will not be able to create new accounts, generate permissions, or make password changes to CWL accounts. Services using ELDAP will not be able to create new accounts or generate permission changes to CWL accounts.
List of OpenLDAP Services Impacted:
List of ELDAP Services Impacted:
- PeopleSoft www.msp.ubc.ca
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Linux and Windows labs.
- Pexip Admin.
- Michael Smith Labs – wireless, vpn, building access, pay for print.
- Advance Research Computing GitLabs.
- Chemical and Biological Engineering Linux and Windows labs.
- CISCO ISE – MAC Address registration for Orchard Commons.
- Pacific Institute of Mathematics Jupyter Notebook – access management for student and instructor class-lists.
- Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Faculty of Medicine – RedCAP – for management of research PII results and data.
- Library Services correlation service for PUID/Login.
- Land & Food Systems for student and instructor class-lists management.
- Faculty of Arts for student and instructor class-lists management.
- Faculty of Applied Science Tech CSMs for student and instructor class-lists management.
- Child and Family Research Institute – access management.
- Business Operations Admins– access management and lookup for admin users.
- Department of Electrical Engineering – access management.
- Department of Computer Science – access management.
- Faculty of Medicine – access management.
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science – access management.
- Business Operations – GitLab.
- NMC – myDNS.
- Business Operations – Archibus.
- IT Admin users performing lookups.
- Faculty of Forestry – access management.
- UBCO – access management.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact IT Help Desk at www.it.ubc.ca/helpdesk.